An Asian-Canadian's traveling saga & literary tidbit
Life's contentment is not about sitting around in one's familiar place, but rather it is realized from far-flung places away from it. Traveling is my ultimate life's saga.

The long, winding, and captivating road to Kelowna (2) - Okanagan Valley, B.C.

Summerhill Winery - Kelowna, BC
(cont'd...) During that time, the weather was starting to shift to being warm yet windy, and everybody must have been excited for the coming May long-weekend.
When I was asked and approached by my friend Raymond to the idea of accompanying his young family to visit Kelowna, and myself being that spontaneous sometimes, replied, "Sure! I don't see why not!".
Early morning the next day, after grabbing Tim Hortons coffee,  we headed south of Highway 2 and eventually took Highway 3 going west.
summerhill winery
Being in that early hour, our driving went on smooth and quiet. The sun was just breaking from the horizon and it afforded me of enjoying both sides of the road which offered a very nice typical western landscape view  - wide open  farmlands dotted with occasional bunch of thickets; ranches where scattered cattles are in their typical day routine, they either were slowly grazing or just laying contentedly basking in the morning sunlight; and the long-line of lonely spruce trees standing along the highway without a single of them encroaching their solid perfect line up, for me, just resembles  a series of stiff guard soldiers standing side by side in a military ceremony.
Soon and still halfway to our destination, our long trip had taken a toll on me. With the aide of unassuming and seemingly hypnotic centre lines of the highway had further made my eyes stoically bored and tired. I cannot remember how many times - much to everyone's relief, we pulled out to rest and stretch.
Deer I captured with my camera...
 
There were some interesting stops we made. Some of the most vivid and engagedly different point of interests I saw were a little chapel and mock up birds perched on top of a line post. Inside of this little chapel are an altar and little pews that even adults can sit. Its steeple is nicely done reproduction of real one in scaled down version. That extra large artificial birds we looked upon was okay. It was black, and the obviously fancy eyes had never suspected me once that it would fly away. 
The periodic appearance of startled deer crossing the highway or the carelessly wandering black bear at the side ditches was fun to watch. I can't believe how rich and healthy the ecology is in this part of the country specially the wildlife. Relatively, the sad plight of a couple animal carcass I saw lying on the sides was compelling. If I remember it correctly, I encountered 12 to 15 sighthings of these amazing animals; mostly black bears, but I also chanced upon an elk, coyotes, and deer.  TO BE CONTINUED.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Concepteurs web

About Me

My photo
Although the author has no professional writing credential nor an all-embracing traveling experience, it is the inspiration drawn out from lives surrounding him as well as sharing his works with readers that make him enthused about writing; his occasional travel - often spontaneous, inspires him to pen such adventure. He currently lives in western Canada with his wife. ***COPYRIGHT TO ENTRIES RESERVED EXCEPT OTHERWISE INDICATED***
Powered by Blogger.

Bansa ng mga bumisita sa blog

free counters

Followers