An Asian-Canadian's traveling saga & literary tidbit
Life's contentment is not about sitting around in one's familiar place, but rather it is realized from far-flung places away from it. Traveling is my ultimate life's saga.

The traveler's dilemma in a soon-to-be-miss flight


The hurriedness is there, it never leaves,
exhilarating rush is on everyone's feet
walk, run, sprint; sprint, walk, run; run, sprint, walk
set of limbs striding fast among the rest
the walking-speeds belt helps the tired ones
escalators are snails and stairs seem too steep
it's a punishment, but must persevere
because
the final call is conveyed
gate will close shortly
tube is retracting soon
and thrust finally will lift wings of this humongous beast
(but)
oh no! it's not happening
the security line up is not to my liking
there must be double queue of 50 or so
and I only have 15 minutes to go
come on now, fast! and please, I beg!
For I must still sprint
from gates 107 to 137
all I need is to get in
and give my smile to a lady flight attendant there
Shove in my laptop and coat overhead
Click the belt,
and soon I'll be airborne

And then...
I can relax and glide
above the clouds at certain height
and for sure, I'll be happier no sooner when I land.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Concepteurs web

About Me

My photo
Although the author has no professional writing credential nor an all-embracing traveling experience, it is the inspiration drawn out from lives surrounding him as well as sharing his works with readers that make him enthused about writing; his occasional travel - often spontaneous, inspires him to pen such adventure. He currently lives in western Canada with his wife. ***COPYRIGHT TO ENTRIES RESERVED EXCEPT OTHERWISE INDICATED***
Powered by Blogger.

Bansa ng mga bumisita sa blog

free counters

Followers