An Asian-Canadian's traveling saga & literary tidbit
Life's contentment is not about sitting around in one's familiar place, but rather it is realized from far-flung places away from it. Traveling is my ultimate life's saga.

Jamon and Procession - 2 (Cordoba, Spain)

CONT...Soon after arriving at the same spot and passing the same group of devout Catholics in procession of their saints, as well as the stunning 'jamon' shops having these massive cured pork 'pata' flaunting, hooked side by side inside a glass display window, it was time for our Siri-like voice companion to take a break and we turned her off from giving us erred direction.

Once we're stopped to get a sense of where we were relative to our intended destination, I left my seat and sought help from locals. Few simply avoided me, not for the lack of empathy nor a hint of crassness, but I reckoned from their reticence attitude toward me is uncomfortability. Some would shy away because I didn't speak their language.

A lively well-lighted bar heaping with patrons caught me that I came in shortly afterward.

'Buenas noches, amigos!' l said instinctively to some bunch sitting by the counter hoping they take notice it was coming from someone unlike them in appearance yet uttering their own language no matter how awkward.

TO BE CONTINUED...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Concepteurs web

About Me

My photo
Although the author has no professional writing credential nor an all-embracing traveling experience, it is the inspiration drawn out from lives surrounding him as well as sharing his works with readers that make him enthused about writing; his occasional travel - often spontaneous, inspires him to pen such adventure. He currently lives in western Canada with his wife. ***COPYRIGHT TO ENTRIES RESERVED EXCEPT OTHERWISE INDICATED***
Powered by Blogger.

Bansa ng mga bumisita sa blog

free counters

Followers