An Asian-Canadian's traveling saga & literary tidbit
Life's contentment is not about sitting around in one's familiar place, but rather it is realized from far-flung places away from it. Traveling is my ultimate life's saga.

Leaving with sinking hearts for the Japanese 1 - (TOKYO, Japan - Sunday, March 13, 2011)

"As my wife and I look at each other searching for a consensus, another steady jolt befall around us, another depressing wail from one of the survivors of tsunami being flash on TV screen, another distant siren and PA warning announcement (in Japanese) outside the streets of Tokyo. These happenings deride our sense of already heightened fear..."


So far last night was a bit tight sleep for me. Could it be that I consciously exhausted myself during the day so I would go straight to bed? or because I intentionally turned off the TV to mentally block-off these dreadful scenes of the aftermath that linger in my mind longer after I've gone to bed? Whichever it was, I'm glad I mustered four hours of quality sleep until my wife wakes me up with the TV set turned-on this time.

Another series of horrible news update from the coastal region of Sendai. This was followed by breaking news about an explosion from certain nuclear plant. I just recall that yesterday, Japan's US Ambassador was off-putting speculations about a nuclear reactor explosion. Good grief!

Just like yesterday, our plan to head out today to the airport is put on hold because of precarious feelings we have using the train coupled with crowded stations with no service or intermittent one, at best.

"And what about the airport itself? How are they handling the situation? Could it be better that we extend our stay in the hotel for a few more days which, aside from the occasional creaking sound of ceiling and the ominous swaying of curtains every time an aftershock hits - is quite sheltered from all these panic and bustle?" These are series of questions we asked ourselves.

This may be changing.

As my wife and I look at each other searching for a consensus, another steady jolt befall around us, another depressing wail from one of the survivors of tsunami being flash on TV screen, another distant siren and PA warning announcement (in Japanese) outside the streets of Tokyo. These happenings deride our sense of already heightened fear. I almost threw-up.

We're leaving. We're taking whatever risks may come up along the way, but we must leave now. We need to get to the airport today!  (to be continued...)
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Concepteurs web

About Me

My photo
Although the author has no professional writing credential nor an all-embracing traveling experience, it is the inspiration drawn out from lives surrounding him as well as sharing his works with readers that make him enthused about writing; his occasional travel - often spontaneous, inspires him to pen such adventure. He currently lives in western Canada with his wife. ***COPYRIGHT TO ENTRIES RESERVED EXCEPT OTHERWISE INDICATED***
Powered by Blogger.

Bansa ng mga bumisita sa blog

free counters

Followers